The music program of Glendale City Church is legendary, and the sanctuary choir is a strong part of the music of the church. Under the direction of Dr. Sebastien Vallee, the 30-voice choral ensemble includes volunteer and professional singers and performs weekly for the 10:50 a.m. service. In addition, the choir performs a Christmas and an Easter concert every year.
Glendale City Church was also home to the Kings Heralds and Del Delker who were known world-wide through the Voice of Prophecy broadcast. The men of the Kings Heralds were the solid foundation to the choir for many years. The church music program also includes a bell choir conducted by Ariel Quintana and a children's choir conducted by Lissie Quishenberry.
The original pipe organ was installed in 1930 by the Estey Organ Company. It was enlarged by the Moeller Organ Company in 1933. The organ was rebuilt in 1960 by Pipe Organs Incorporated of Los Angeles and was one of the largest and finest pipe organs in Glendale at the time. In 2005, a major refurbishment and expansion of the organ led to the installation in 2007 of the current Colby-Harrah symphonic organ. It utilizes a hybrid configuration of wind-blown pipe work and digital technology on four manuals. In 2009 and 2010 the Chapel of the Good Shepherd was refurbished, and a new Rodgers organ was dedicated, making the chapel ideal for local weddings.
Pastor Leif Lind
Dave Ferguson, music committee chair
Dr. Sebastien Vallee, music director
Kemp Smeal, organist
Monique McGuffin Newman
Dr. Louis Mo
Dr. Charles Witt
9:30 a.m. - Sabbath School
10:45 a.m. - Worship Service
Every Sabbath, Sanctuary
1st & 3rd Sabbaths, Chapel
2nd & 4th Sabbaths, Chapel